Do You Want to Make a Difference?
Let Us Tell You a Story:
There was an old man who used to walk along the beach every day. One morning, he found it was littered with starfish, stretching as far as he could see.
Far down the beach, the man could see a small boy. He noticed that he was bending down to pick things up and throwing them into the ocean. As the boy came closer, the man shouted out, ‘Good morning, may I ask what it is that you are doing?’
The boy stopped and told the old man, ‘I’m throwing starfish into the sea. They’ve been washed up onto the sand and can’t get back into the water by themselves. They’ll dry out in the sun unless I throw them back in.’
The old man replied, ‘There are far too many starfish on this shore, maybe thousands! You can’t possibly make a difference.’
Image by Pedro Lastra on Unsplash
The boy simply stooped down, picked up another starfish and launched it into the ocean. He turned to the man and smiling, told him ‘I made a difference to that one!’
(Adapted from The Star Thrower, by Loren Eiseley 1907–1977)
This tale speaks to our purpose at Alembic. We see leaders as the part and the whole. We want to change the world one leader at a time. That's where you come in!
If you like a challenge and have a strong interest in psychology, business, economics and leadership, then you should get in touch or send us your CV.
We are a small team of facilitators and coaches who work primarily with family business, private equity and founder-led clients. We facilitate transformational change in leadership teams and individual leaders, working on relationships, strategy and operations.
Our Team Values:
- Eagerness to learn
- A hard-working attitude
- A strong sense of professionalism
- Encouraging personal development in everyone
- A great sense of humour
- Learning from each other
- Open and honest discussions
We are currently working flexibly: a mix of office and home working. We work with our clients online/in person depending on their preferences. Therefore, competency with technology, virtual working and other online tools is crucial.
Benefits of Working for Alembic:
- Growth and career development
- Working with a fun and friendly team
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary + bonus scheme
- Access to office space in Austin Friars
- Quarterly off-sites with fun team building/learning opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Networking opportunities
- Fun events
Our Senior Facilitators Work With:
· Family businesses
· Private equity
Assignments help clients solve relationship and business problems across a wide range of commercial issues. Our practice is both commercial and relational. This role will suit a senior manager, executive or director with a passion for helping people and leaders.
They Can Include:
· Transformational growth
· Senior team building
· Facilitating new business structures
· Business integration
· Meaning making for a family vision and purpose
· Help for a broken relationship
· Clarity around attitudes to values, culture or money
· Senior leadership search, including CEOs and CFOs
· Leadership team assessment
· Analysis of the business growth process (primarily for private equity clients)
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Superb facilitation skills
Superb project management skills, including multi-company project teams
Strong economics capabilities and commercial awareness and/or strong experience in psychology from a group/individual perspective
A great network, who might refer or be interested in benefiting from Alembic’s unique approach to growth
The ability to manage and develop client relationships, lead projects at the highest level, and to generate new business from business development, networking and pitches
A deep interest in people change and will want to develop this passion further
· Open minded, flexible thinker
· Emotionally adept, psychologically flexible
· Strong sense of purpose with a growth mindset
· Motivated to learn the Alembic Way – a journey of further self discovery
· Self-discipline, drive
· Clear articulate communication, both written and presentational
· A capable public speaker
· Wanting to add to the Alembic Way
· Ready to work hard, and looking for a balanced way of life
Qualifications or Experience:
A professional qualification or masters level degree is required. Considered fields include business administration, behavioural sciences, or professional services. Prior experience in a major advisory or consultancy business is strongly recommended.
From £80,000 to £100,000 plus profit share and benefits.
UK, fully flexible. The team meet in our London offices, at client locations, and routinely spend time together offsite for a few days at a time.